Proxmox built in Reverse Proxy config

I'd recommend to create a VM/Container RP to be your reverse proxy. Redirect the public IPs 80 and 443 from your ingress (in this case pve host) to the machine RP, install a reverse proxy software of you liking (nginx, apache or traefik) and set it up to redirect everything you need to the destination. You can also install it on your PVE host of course and do everything you need.

Appreciate the answer. Proxmox replied to a question on how to install a reverse proxy saying no need Proxmox comes installed with one,

Proxmox replied to a question on how to install a reverse proxy saying no need Proxmox comes installed with one,
Yes, why should it. It's a hypervisor and no hypervisor I ever saw had this. It's just on another level on your infrastructure stack. The VM/container way is normally the way to go.

They really didn’t say, that’s why i was asking them where it is and how to confirgure it
It's not a PVE related question. Setting up a reverse proxy is more like a general question for sysadmins and it does not matter if you have Proxmox VE on the backend or any other software like GitLab, Wordpress or any other popular (or unpopular) software there is. Depending on the setup there are - as I already wrote - at least Nginx, with its Proxy Manager, or my favorite Traefik and also the moster Apache.

There are people that wrote about it here on the forums like this one. In the end, it boils down to your preferences and proficiency.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!