Proxmox Backup Server Synchronization the Same on Site A and Site B

Jarvar

Aug 27, 2019
So I have an on premises Proxmox Virtual Environment with VMs on it, this gets backed up to another on premises Proxmox Backup Server which then gets Synced offsite to a Remote Location. This Remote Location then gets synced to an Offsite Location with ZFS Redundant Storage for further security.
What I would like to know is if the Proxmox Backup Server backups which are synced from on site to remote and to offsite are the same.
For instance if I make a backup of any one of those locations, could I make an initial backup of the datastore from one single location, would I then be able to make incremental backups from any other location using a backup solution like Duplicacy, Duplicati, Borg Backup or Restic and Rclone and so on.
For example, I'm using Restic and Rclone to backup to Google Workspace, Wasabi or a Storage VPS.
Do the chunks syncronize or is everything scrambled up or organized in each location?

Thank you very much for your help.
Using Proxmox Backup Server 3.0-1

Last edited:
Hi,
every backup on all of the synced instances should be the same.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!