Proxmox ARM

andrea68

Renowned Member
Jun 30, 2010
I look into the forum and see many post on this matter.
The most important objection is that there's no real hardware solution in cloud or hosting today to justify an investment supporting development and testing on another architecture.
But recently Hetzner (one of the players here in Europe) launch an awesome 80 core Arm64 architecture...
Do you think that maybe (hoping not so far) in the future we can have a port to ARM architecture?
It will be fantastic use this hardware with proxmox, maybe on top of debian arm...

Actual ARM proxmox status involves some not supported experiments on Raspberry PI hardware that is not so interesting from my point of view...

Last edited:
AFAIK, PVE on ARM is in the works for many years now but the problem was that no major hardware manufacturer was able to produce servers that were more or less standardized, so that PVE has to be ported to each new ARM-powered product. the PI-solution was IMHO a personal project and not part of PVE itself.

AFAIK, PVE on ARM is in the works for many years now but the problem was that no major hardware manufacturer was able to produce servers that were more or less standardized, so that PVE has to be ported to each new ARM-powered product. the PI-solution was IMHO a personal project and not part of PVE itself.

Hi, this seems to me a breakthrough moment:

https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/matrix-rx

Looks like this is a duplicate of https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/proxmox-on-arm64.69080/
Please close this thread and continue the discussion there.
I feel you and you're not wrong, but if you point out every duplicate question here, you will have A LOT to do ;)
It seems that at least 90% of new posts are questions I have already seen and most probably also commented on and I'd love to see some kind of (intelligent) automatic analysis of new question that may directly least to other posts BEFORE they are finally posted on the forums.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!