Proxmox API issue with ModuleGarden

wahmed

Famous Member
Oct 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
www.symmcom.com
[SOLVED] Proxmox API issue with ModuleGarden

I am trying to setup ModuleGarden modules in WHMCS for Proxmox. Everytime i try to test Proxmox node connection from the modules in WHMCS i come with error "Login to Proxmox Host Failed". ModuleGarden tech support has FTPed in my server and tested everything. Their conclusion there something wrong with my Proxmox server node. Their other response was "Proxmox have fixed some bugs on API client :https://github.com/CpuID/pve2-api-php-client. Our module uses the previously version of API client."
I have very limited knowledge on Proxmox API. Can somebody point me to the right direction about what i can do to make Proxmox return ticket ?
Thanks!

Last edited:
The modulesgarden module is closed source, so the only who can assist here is modulesgarden - If you bought this module should get help there.

I am trying to setup ModuleGarden modules in WHMCS for Proxmox. Everytime i try to test Proxmox node connection from the modules in WHMCS i come with error "Login to Proxmox Host Failed". ModuleGarden tech support has FTPed in my server and tested everything. Their conclusion there something wrong with my Proxmox server node. Their other response was "Proxmox have fixed some bugs on API client :https://github.com/CpuID/pve2-api-php-client. Our module uses the previously version of API client."
I have very limited knowledge on Proxmox API. Can somebody point me to the right direction about what i can do to make Proxmox return ticket ?
Thanks!

Well that api is for version 2.x, so obviously is not related to your issue as they only support v3 of proxmox.

The modulesgarden module is closed source, so the only who can assist here is modulesgarden - If you bought this module should get help there.

I tried to get as much as help i could get. But i am now left with "The problem is your server, not the module". So just wanted to see if anybody had any known issue with API.

If it is version related issue as MACscr suggested, is it possible to install different version API?

I tried to get as much as help i could get. But i am now left with "The problem is your server, not the module". So just wanted to see if anybody had any known issue with API.

If it is version related issue as MACscr suggested, is it possible to install different version API?

What version of Proxmox are you using?

Just purchased another Proxmox module for WHMCS from Modules Factory. This one also giving me the "Login to Proxmox Host Failed" message. So for sure the issue seems to be with Proxmox node itself not the modules from 2 different providers. Any idea how to address this API issue? Something in the Proxmox API not working right? API version in Proxmox too new? I am still using version 3.1. Have not upgraded to latest 3.2 yet.

the modulesgarden one works fine for me I use it in production.
I would be forever in debt to you if you i can get some tips from you!!
Which Proxmox version are using? Proxmox VPS or Cloud modules? Did you have to open any port other than 8006? Did you have to do anything special at all to make it work ?

modulesgarden will work with most 3.x version using it since septembrer 2013 and never got any issue

Before ask if which port should be open, open all and check if it's work or not. Normally it will use 8006 i think.
From a default install whmcs module work fine, so which modification did you do ?

modulesgarden will work with most 3.x version using it since septembrer 2013 and never got any issue

Before ask if which port should be open, open all and check if it's work or not. Normally it will use 8006 i think.
From a default install whmcs module work fine, so which modification did you do ?

Even after several months, this module still not working for me. I have not done any modification to the module or to Proxmox installation. Port 8006 is wide open. The issue is this module cannot login to Proxmox node saying "Login to Proxmox Host failed".
The modulegarden modules in question is Proxmox Cloud.

for who uses whm and I've solved simply adding the proxmox port (usually 8006) in configserver security&firewall, in the same strings that are used to put other delicate ports, like ssh, 2080 and so on.. it came like a lamp for me, once read this thread, after 5 days of headache. That solved the login failed problem.

symmcom did you get it to work? I am confisdering buying this or modulesfactory one which is significantly cheaper and seems to work well

symmcom did you get it to work? I am confisdering buying this or modulesfactory one which is significantly cheaper and seems to work well
Yes! The problem was my WHMCS installation was in one place and the cluster was somewhere else. Due to firewalls in between Modulegarden module and cluster it was lacking proper communication. No issue with the module itself.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!