Proxmox 8 no longer able to login via Android app?

kiwi_trifle

Jun 25, 2023
I've recently upgraded to Proxmox 8, but I'm now unable to login to the "Proxmox Virtual Environment" Android app and I get the following message:

API Error
401: Unauthorized

However, I've double checked the username and password and it works via the web UI. The app used to work fine with Proxmox 7.
I've also tried formatting my boot drive and reinstalling Proxmox 8 from scratch, but I'm still get the same error message.

Has anyone else been able to login to Proxmox 8 via the Android app?

I am experimenting the same problems... In my case I can't access if I have the OTP enable if I disable it login normally

And the error is 401 permission denied invalid pve ticket.

I tried all the workaround to fix the clock and the certs with no luck

The only thing it allows login it's disabling the OTP

Reactions: kiwi_trifle
The only thing it allows login it's disabling the OTP
That's fixed it for me, deleting all Two Factor authentication entries now allows me to login via the Android app.

Previously on Proxmox 7 the Android app would prompt me for my OTP code and would login successfully with a valid code, while this prompt is shown on Proxmox 8 a valid code is not accepted via the Android app. Which seems to be a bug/regression.

My Proxmox server is behind a NAT/VPN so it's not facing the internet, but it would be good not to have to disable Two Factor authentication in order to use the Android app.

Reactions: enjutomojamutote

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!