[SOLVED] Proxmox 8 - Network failure right after installation

JayZee

Jul 31, 2023
Hello everyone,

I have some interesting times lately. We had no problems with Proxmox 7 and everything was working and so we wanted to try new version 8. Installation went ok, both network ports were working during installation and data were flowing, but right after the restart after successful installation both ports went dark, no blinking, no data. And to be extra cringe, Promox is happily saying "yo, this is ip address, just connect to it dude".. well I would if any network interface were working.

I believe there is a BUG in the installation procedure, where names of network interfaces are mangled somehow. Check the pictures in attachment.

Attachments

• 1 - Proxmox Network Install.png
    1 - Proxmox Network Install.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 2 - Proxmox Network Status.png
    2 - Proxmox Network Status.png
    233.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 3 - Proxmox Network Interfaces.png
    3 - Proxmox Network Interfaces.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 4 - Proxmox Network Ip Addr.png
    4 - Proxmox Network Ip Addr.png
    129.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 5 - Proxmox Network Ip Link.png
    5 - Proxmox Network Ip Link.png
    93.1 KB · Views: 14
Jesus, I don't understand it.
I restarted couple of times, got back to installation (not installed), rebooted, and now its apparently working? How that could happened, why? Nothing was changed.

Ok, it seems to be working now, but I am really scared that after another couple of restarts it will stop work again.

Attachments

• 6 - Proxmox Network OK-Unbelievable.png
    6 - Proxmox Network OK-Unbelievable.png
    100.6 KB · Views: 9

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!