Proxmox 8 and i40e driver kernel 6.2

Hi

After upgrading to Proxmox 8.0, I tried to build the latest intel i40e driver, but I get an error.

I'm guessing kernel 6.2 is a bit too new for the intel drivers.

i40e driver: 2.22.20
kernel: 6.2.16-3-pve

Error:

Code:
i40e_ptp.c: In function ‘i40e_ptp_create_clock’:
/usr/src/i40e-2.22.20/i40e_ptp.c:1561:21: error: ‘struct ptp_clock_info’ has no member named ‘adjfreq’

Suggestions? Wait for intel, or use driver in the kernel?

ethtool -i eno8
driver: i40e
version: 6.2.16-3-pve

Hi

The intel i40e driver has some extra features and optimisations, in theory. We have been using the intel driver for a long time with x710 NICs. I changed one of our servers to the in-kernel driver a few minutes ago - it seems fairly happy, but I get some errors at startup - with both the in-kernel and intel drivers.

[ 8.279006] i40e 0000:b7:00.2: Error I40E_AQ_RC_ENOSPC adding RX filters on PF, promiscuous mode forced on
[ 8.279332] i40e 0000:b7:00.3: Error I40E_AQ_RC_ENOSPC, forcing overflow promiscuous on PF

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!