Proxmox 8.2.2 - Qdevice

Thank you for the info about the patch.
Is there a tutorial for relative noobs how to apply this patch?

Best regards!

Edit: Let me google that for myself :D

https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/how-to-apply-promox-patch.53657/
It's very simple, download the patch file, install the patch "app" via apt (apt install patch), make a copy of the orignal file (/usr/share/perl5/PVE/CLI/pvecm.pm) and patch the file with patch <file-to-patch> <patch> thats it.

Good Luck.

Best regards.

Reactions: Sejl
Reactions: Sejl and VictorSTS
This does work in 8.2.2

This actually works for me too in Proxmox 8.2.2. I may have missed an ssh connection on my first attempt. Below are the commands I used. This assumes that you've enabled root login on your Qdevice, which is a requirement. When done, use the pvecm status command to verify all the quorum votes are available to the cluster.

Example:

First, on the Qdevice edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config adding PermitRootLogin yes to the config file. Save and close the file. Reboot or restart sshd, using systemctl restart sshd.

Next, create a 2 node cluster using pve1 and pve2.

Finally, install the qdevice software, then ssh and login as root between all your devices and run pvecm qdevice setup from one of your Proxmox nodes, like so....

Qdevice (debian Linux):
apt install corosync-qdevice corosync-qnetd
ssh root@<pve1 IP>
ssh root@<pve2 IP>

Proxmox pve1:
apt install corosync-qdevice
ssh root@<pve2 IP>
ssh root@<qdevice IP>

Proxmox pve2:
apt install corosync-qdevice
ssh root@<pve1 IP>
ssh root@<qdevice IP>
pvecm qdevice setup <qdevice IP> -f
pvecm status

Good luck everyone.
This method works for me.

Thanks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!