[SOLVED] Proxmox 8.0 -2 stucks to the initial setup startup

lumox

May 29, 2020
Hi,
I'm trying to install Proxmox 8.0 -2 on an old PC. I've never had any problems at installing old versions of Proxmox on the same machine which I use just to practice with it,
but now the initial setup startup always gets stuck at the very beginning, exactly here:

proxmox-setup-init.jpg

What is the issue about?
Thanks

I'm trying to install Proxmox 8.0 -2 on an old PC. I've never had any problems at installing old versions of Proxmox on the same machine which I use just to practice with it,
but now the initial setup startup always gets stuck at the very beginning, exactly here:
Might be "only" a graphics/output issue, can you try the "nomodeset" console mode from the installers advanced menu?

Reactions: lumox
Might be "only" a graphics/output issue, can you try the "nomodeset" console mode from the installers advanced menu?

Maybe there were even two problems with it. The first time, I went for the "nomodeset" console mode, but at the end some text said that there was an issue with the media (if I got it correctly), maybe because the Proxmox ISO was launched by Ventoy. So, I install it on another USB pen and ran the nomodeset mode again, and I managed to install PVE eventually.
Very good. Thank you very much indeed.

Reactions: t.lamprecht

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!