Proxmox 7 . VM Created and able to talk each other but cant ping to Internet

skashif712

Aug 31, 2022
Hello,
I am able to deploy proxmox on dedicated server on Cloud which are using single public Interface with Public IP. I deployed VMs on Proxmox but unable to ping to internet.
I created vmbr01 linux bridge for VMs and by default vmbr0 left for Proxmox management with public ip assingned from the cloud provider to this interface. I read many documentation on this forum but nothing works. Can somebody Please help me to isolate the issue so my my vms can talk to internet

Thanks

Would help if you could show us your network config (cat /etc/network/interfaces).

root@HackSecure:~# cat /etc/network/interfaces
# network interface settings; autogenerated
# Please do NOT modify this file directly, unless you know what
# you're doing.
#
# If you want to manage parts of the network configuration manually,
# please utilize the 'source' or 'source-directory' directives to do
# so.
# PVE will preserve these directives, but will NOT read its network
# configuration from sourced files, so do not attempt to move any of
# the PVE managed interfaces into external files!

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eno1 inet manual

iface eno2 inet manual

iface eno3 inet manual

iface eno4 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address XX.YY .ZZ >> Public IP assinged from Cloud Server provider
gateway XY.XY.XY
bridge-ports eno1
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0
hwaddress A0:42:3F:4E:E7:F4

auto vmbr1
iface vmbr1 inet static
address 192.168.10.100/24
bridge-ports none
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0

Your vmbr1 isn't connected to any physical NIC and looks like you are not using NAT between vmbr0 and vmbr1. So guests got no way to access the internet.

Current updates are i got failover IP from OVH and setup a PFsense Firewall on VM assign a Failover Public IP on WAN interface of pfsense firewall, then create a new VM and assign a private ip of a subnet which is a lan interface on PFSense. I can access the internet from my 2nd machine. The problem is i want to access the Pfsense from Internet i have enabled Firewall Rules on Data Centre Level plus on FW rules on PFSense VM but still i cant ping the Failover IP from Internet neither i can access PFsense webpage from internet. Any idea ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!