Proxmox 7.4 update with kernel 6.2 Emergency mode

furmansk

Jul 28, 2021
Updated to Proxmox 7.4-3 on 5.15 kernel. Then wanted to try 6.2 kernel since I have an Intel Arc Card. It boots into emergency mode

Here's the kernel log if anyone can help. I had to reboot into 5.15 kernel to get back to operation.

System is HP Z640 tower with two Intel Xeon CPU E5-2678 v3 and 128GB ram.

Thanks.

Attachments

• boot1.txt
    193.2 KB · Views: 8
Figured it out.... my usb external drive for some reason changed from /dev/sdc1 to /dev/sde1 and I had it in the /etc/fstab to mount at startup cause thats where I backup my VM's.

Reactions: leesteken
Figured it out.... my usb external drive for some reason changed from /dev/sdc1 to /dev/sde1 and I had it in the /etc/fstab to mount at startup cause thats where I backup my VM's.
/dev/sd* are not stable and can change all the time. Please use /dev/disk/by-id/... or one of the other stable paths.

/dev/sd* are not stable and can change all the time. Please use /dev/disk/by-id/... or one of the other stable paths.
Yes, I did update it to use UUID now. Was not aware that those were not stable. Learned something new.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!