Proxmox 4 - LXC bridge configuration

ameir

Mar 19, 2014
Hello,

I recently did a Debian Jessie -> Proxmox conversion, but unfortunately am having issues with NAT on the containers. No matter what I tried, I could not get the container to ping the internal IP of the host when following the docs on the wiki.

I found that I had to set
Code:
lxc.network.link = vmbr0
in /var/lib/lxc/100/config manually for this to work. Because
Code:
pct start 100
resets that file, I had to start the container with
Code:
lxc-start -n 100

I have confirmed that I have the latest packages. Is this an isolated incident, or is
Code:
lxc.network.link = vmbr0
not being set? I have confirmed that this fix also works if added to /etc/lxc/default.conf.

Why don't you use a standard network setup, and configure containers with /etc/ove/lxc/<vmid>.conf (or on the GUI)?

Thanks for your reply. I may have been unclear, but that's what I did -- I tried configuring the network via the GUI (and later via CLI), and while everything looked okay, it did not work. It wasn't until I set `lxc.network.link = vmbr0` that I was able to communicate with the rest of the network.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!