Proxmox 3.4 on IBM x3850 X6

!! well, I'm glad you're going to sort it out, finally... I always had good experiences with IBM X servers, in my limited experience (I sysadmin a small company), though. I hope they'll solve all kinds of troubles for you, and add some bonus to repay of all the head scratching trying to figure out what was causing those weird issues....

Marco

As a last resort I had to dump proxmox on this server and install HyperV, this was at the request of IBM tech support. So far it seems to be stable now and I have moved one of my 4 Live VM servers over to it. IBM d0 not support Proxmox, but I did not have the IBM software support package, only the hardware support. This was a long hard struggle with IBM as the kept asking for DSA reports, sending out engineers, noting was changing. We had 9 IBM engineer visits, replacing most of the server bar the chassis. This went round in circles for 5 months. Could never get any feed back as to what they were finding on these DSA reports. My contact was at 1st lever support who were based in Cairo, they would refer it up to 3rd level support, who apparently are virtual guy's around the world. Never any direct communication to these 3rd level guys. The poor engineers who arrived onsite were lost as they had never seen a X6 before, (think we have the only X6 here in Ireland outside of IBM Dublin) very helpfull, but very limited in there knowledge.
Problem I believe, is that because IBM have sold off all of the X series to Lenovo, at this point in time the support was in flux. Even though support is still with IBM. I's possible that future versions of Proxmox may work on the IBM X6, I only tried 3.4.

Shortly after the last post I moved away from Proxmox to HyperV and have had no problems since. Unfortunate as all my other sites (75) run Proxmox without any trouble. But this was my biggest site, and that IBM server cost over €75k

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!