Sep 6, 2009
Champaign,IL
www.cazoodle.com
So i'm trying to install the latest release of proxmox to my system:

Asus Sabertooth 990FX
AMD FX-8120 3.1Ghz
32GB DDR3 RAM
Intel Quad NIC adapter

I've attached my Sony DVD RW DRX-S9OU 1.D0 to the system with a freshly burned prox 2.0

The system boots up and in the UEFI Bios it detects the Keyboard and I can use it. It also detects the USB cd-rom as well.

Once I get to the prox bootup screen it would hang repeatedly. Then I choose to run "debug" and see the output.

The loading is all good, but when it gets to the USB portion I can see the first entry:

usbhid not found in modules.dep

then I just get flooded with these:

hub 1-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 1
usb 4-1: new full speed device using ohci_hcd and address 22
usb 4-1: device descriptor read/64, error -32
" "

and so on....

I've tried all the ports and they all do the same thing. I've googled it and looked into the forums but haven't found anything yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Tom, i've tested this out with the USB stick and the same errors occur. Next option is to install debian 6.0.4 and see if I get the same issues, I'm thinking that if I can get Debian installed, I can pull prox packages and reboot into the environment.

Installed Debian 6.0.4 this morning and using the CD-rom and USB both of them worked out and the server is live. I'm now testing the proxmox 2.0 install and see how it goes. Seems to me that the USB drivers on the ISO are not the same as the debian 6.0.4 ISO.

Hope this helps out

Installed Debian 6.0.4 this morning and using the CD-rom and USB both of them worked out and the server is live. I'm now testing the proxmox 2.0 install and see how it goes. Seems to me that the USB drivers on the ISO are not the same as the debian 6.0.4 ISO.

Hope this helps out

Amazing, so i followed the instructions for installing on debian squeeze and everything from that angle went well. When I booted the server and choose lastest proxmox kernel .11

System shows booting, but then starts to display the same USB errors that were previously mentioned. It does get past the USB errors but then freezes up. I will replace the HDD and and check motherboard USB connects for issues.

To me it seems that there are drivers that are not being included with proxmox.iso that are included in the debian 6.0.4 release. Any suggestions on how to find out what drivers are in use with debian and not with proxmox?

So i'm trying to install the latest release of proxmox to my system:

Asus Sabertooth 990FX
AMD FX-8120 3.1Ghz
32GB DDR3 RAM
Intel Quad NIC adapter

I've attached my Sony DVD RW DRX-S9OU 1.D0 to the system with a freshly burned prox 2.0

The system boots up and in the UEFI Bios it detects the Keyboard and I can use it. It also detects the USB cd-rom as well.

Hi,
I have installed pve (was 2.x beta) without problems on an similiar system (same motherboard, but sata-dvd).

If you don't have an sata-dvd, you can perhaps put the hdd on an different system, install there pve2 and put the hdd back (remove or edit the nic-entry in /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules to get the "right" eth0).

Udo

Hi,
I have installed pve (was 2.x beta) without problems on an similiar system (same motherboard, but sata-dvd).

If you don't have an sata-dvd, you can perhaps put the hdd on an different system, install there pve2 and put the hdd back (remove or edit the nic-entry in /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules to get the "right" eth0).

Udo

Udo,

Didn't think of that one at all, and will have to try it out. I'm currently testing out the install of debian 6.0.4 and then adding prox packages again. I had seen that there were some posts about network booting the image and that would help out alot but need this weekend to really get out and test it. Oh well, fingers crossed that when I reboot in to prox it goes smoothly :)

Got the same motherboard here asus fx990, with the same problem.

Do you mange to solve the prboblem with debian -> add pve-kernel ?

I use that route but then the server cant talk to the network.
When restart with the debian kernel then i can access the networ.

Got the same motherboard here asus fx990, with the same problem.

Do you mange to solve the prboblem with debian -> add pve-kernel ?

I use that route but then the server cant talk to the network.
When restart with the debian kernel then i can access the networ.

Using the latest 3.0 release seems to have fixed the USB problems on my end. Also make sure that you have updated the bios to the latest release. Let me know how it goes.

Using the latest 3.0 release seems to have fixed the USB problems on my end. Also make sure that you have updated the bios to the latest release. Let me know how it goes.

PEOPLE, PEOPLE !! Update your bios!

ty Osobh...

pve 3.3, GA-970A-DS3P, last bios- the same issues:
hub 1-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 1
usb 4-1: new full speed device using ohci_hcd and address 22
usb 4-1: device descriptor read/64, error -32
, try 9 netcards - network is down (intel, d-link.....)

installation only from sata-dvd (pve, windows ....)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!