Proxmox 1.8 OpenVZ Ubuntu 12.04 VNC console???

kmcdaniel

Aug 10, 2012
How do you get the vnz console to work for openvz templates. I have an ubuntu KVM machine and the vnc console works, but for an openvz vm the console will not display and only shows "network error: could not connect to server: 192.168.1.100:5900" Any suggestions. I had the console working on another proxmox 1.5 install.

I have this same issue on a 1.7 and 1.8 proxmox install. I have firewall but am trying to access on internal network. Why would KVM machine work but then openvz machine would not work on same firewall settings?

I have no 1.x system here anymore as its out of support. so I cannot really help here, but I assume the Ubuntu 12.04 template has issues on the old system.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!