Proxmox 1.4 beta1: NFS-Export for VZDump

valshare

Jun 2, 2009
Germany
Hello,

how can i use the NFS-Shared Storage für VZdumps?

I have setup a shared storage, but how can i setup it for backups?
Can i setup it over the Web Interface? I dont see anything to use the NFS Share for a backup.

Regards, Valle

Hello,

how can i use the NFS-Shared Storage für VZdumps?

I have setup a shared storage, but how can i setup it for backups?
Can i setup it over the Web Interface? I dont see anything to use the NFS Share for a backup.

Regards, Valle

just enter the full path of the nfs mount (check on the console, starts with /mnt/.......). future version will provide a drop down here.

just enter the full path of the nfs mount (check on the console, starts with /mnt/.......). future version will provide a drop down here.

Thanx, works now. Is it only avaible on Master Node? I dont findt it under the ther cluster nodes.

Thanx, works now. Is it only avaible on Master Node? I dont findt it under the ther cluster nodes.

storage config is synced on all nodes, so you should see it also on the nodes. I will test this here.

Hi Tom,

storage.cfg is on all nodes, but the mount point /mnt/pve/backup-vm is only on the master node.

If have created a second note. As example nfs-test. The nfs share is only active on the masternode.
On the cluster nodes the nfs-test is not created in the /mnt/pve/ and not mounted.

On all Node are the storage.cfg synced.

Code:
nfs: nfs-test
    path /mnt/pve/nfs-test
    server 192.168.1.88
    export /nfs-test
    content images

On the NFS Server the export cfg files contains

Code:
/nfs-test    (no_root_squash,rw)

Last edited:
Hi Tom,

storage.cfg is on all nodes, but the mount point /mnt/pve/backup-vm is only on the master node.

If have created a second note. As example nfs-test. The nfs share is only active on the masternode.
On the cluster nodes the nfs-test is not created in the /mnt/pve/ and not mounted.

On all Node are the storage.cfg synced.

Code:
nfs: nfs-test
    path /mnt/pve/nfs-test
    server 192.168.1.88
    export /nfs-test
    content images
On the NFS Server the export cfg files contains

Code:
/nfs-test    (no_root_squash,rw)

confirmed issue, we will fix it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!