[SOLVED] Problem restoring a CT

mazzo08

May 26, 2020
Hello

Problem
I have a problem with restoring a CT
This CT is a samba DC with policies in /var/lib/samba

Code:
recovering backed-up configuration from 'nx-pbs01:backup/ct/110/2023-01-11T10:52:52Z'

storing login ticket failed: $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR must be set

restoring 'nx-pbs01:backup/ct/110/2023-01-11T10:52:52Z' now..

storing login ticket failed: $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR must be set

Error: error extracting archive - error at entry "GPT.INI": failed to apply acls: Error while restoring ACL - ACL invalid

TASK ERROR: unable to restore CT 111 - command '/usr/bin/proxmox-backup-client restore '--crypt-mode=none' ct/110/2023-01-11T10:52:52Z root.pxar /var/lib/lxc/111/rootfs --allow-existing-dirs --repository root@pam@nx-pbs01.nx-domain.lan:nx-admin02' failed: exit code 255

This backup is on a PBS (last version) and I want to restore on fresh install of PVE (last version too)

The problem is about ACL on GPT.INI in /var/lib/samba/sysvol/

Question

It's possible

1. to exclude /var/lib/samba/sysvol/ to restore ?
  2. or destroy this repository on the backup ? (I can recreate it)
  3. or change ACL in backup ?
  4. or any idea ?

Thanks a lot

EDIT : restoring another CT on this PVE works fine but restoring this CT on another PVE fail

Last edited:
with which version was the backup made? what is the new target storage and does it support ACLs?

backup client on PVE :

1673517562648.png

and the backup server
1673518471863.png

new target :
ZFS et backup was from ZFS

I suppose fresh install of PVE with RAIDZ1-0 support ACL

Last edited:
check the ACL settings on both sides on the storage datasets, maybe that is the culprit? if you still have the source, the original ACL of the file in question would of course also be interesting ;)

Hi

News !
Command works now with ignore-acls:
Code:
proxmox-backup-client restore  ct/110/2023-01-11T10:52:52Z root.pxar /var/lib/lxc/111/rootfs --allow-existing-dirs --ignore-acls true  --repository root@pam@nx-pbs01.nx-domain.lan:nx-admin02

But what I do after ?:p

It's possible to put in a file or IHM on PBS this option to have a complete restore ?

Ok it's working, i do that :

• Create a dummy CT with good ID (here 110)
  • Erase all content in the disk (here /rpool/data/subvol-110-disk-0/)
  • Execute : proxmox-backup-client restore ct/110/2023-01-11T10:52:52Z root.pxar /rpool/data/subvol-110-disk-0/ --allow-existing-dirs --ignore-acls true --repository root@pam@nx-pbs01.nx-domain.lan:nx-admin02
  • Copy the pct.conf.blob in the conf of the dummy CT
  • Pray and click start
For the futur in PBS (or restore in PVE), it's possible to have check box for options like ignore acl?

Thanks a lot

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!