Problem on NFS storage with release 2.3-3 (and kernel 5.15-85)

dea

Renowned Member
Feb 6, 2009
Hello everyone,

I've been using PBS on NFS storage (on several installations) for some time now, and I'm used to some kind of performance.
For example, a full SSD datastore (on the NFS datastore) I know takes 2 hours for a full garbage collect, etc. (datastore from 25 to 300 Tbytes).
This was always the case until release 2.3-2.

After the upgrade to 2.3-3 something changed (ok also to kernel 5.15-85) the same datastore that used to be completed in 2 hours, now after 3 days is 95% in marked mode.

Something does not add up for me (datastore side has not been touched a comma), ditto for PBS configuration.

Downgrade via dpkg from 2.3-3 to 2.3-2 (and change kernel to 6.1) and works very fast, as usually.

I don't know if the problem is in the kernel or in the 2.3-3 package, but this way it works as it should.
The system is in production, so I can't do too many tests and reboots...
I was exasperated by the slowness, so I made two changes at once (I know that diagnostically it's the worst solution, but not having time or a way to give too much disruption I couldn't do one test at a time).

Very thanks

Luca

thats why is always good to have a host backup. i think u have to wait for the next update, maybe the bug is resolved. u can post some more details of your setup.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!