Problem HA automigration after node failed

lordhanuman

Renowned Member
Jan 2, 2010
i am building a ha cluster on ovh with vrack and nas HA shared in nfs.
The two cluster nodes communicate through a vlan inside the vrack.
I started from a debian 11 to upgrade to proxmox 7.
Manual migration works, but when one of the two nodes fails the virtual machine is not migrated. I am reinstalling bare metal for security (unfortunately OVH alone a proxmox 6 template) as I have seen that since debian 11 there are some packages that interfere with the proper functioning of proxmox.

First of all, are there any contraindications to using shared storage in NFS?
What could be preventing it from functioning properly?

I will do a test with clean installations and update you so that it is useful for the whole community

Last edited:
reinstalled both nodes, rebuilt the cluster and reinserted the ovh NAS as shared storage.
Same result I inserted the test VPs inside the HA section but trying to restart the node where the VPS is present it is not migrated.
Is there any other operation to do that I don't understand?
Could this be a storage latency issue?

output of pvecm status

cluster information
-------------------
Name: cluster
Config Version: 2
Transport: knet
Secure auth: on

Quorum information
------------------
Date: Thu Dec 2 09:58:21 2021
Quorum provider: corosync_votequorum
Nodes: 2
Node ID: 0x00000001
Ring ID: 1.2f
Quorate: Yes

Votequorum information
----------------------
Expected votes: 2
Highest expected: 2
Total votes: 2
Quorum: 2
Flags: Quorate

Membership information
----------------------
Nodeid Votes Name
0x00000001 1 10.0.0.1 (local)
0x00000002 1 10.0.0.2

Thankscluster.png

Last edited:
Hi,
you cannot have a HA cluster with just two nodes, see the requirements. When one node is down, the other will not have quorum. You can add a QDevice for vote support, but it's not "real" HA.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!