PM 3.3 and Dahdi/VoIP

mylesw

Renowned Member
Feb 10, 2011
Before I dive in and try this, and at the risk of destroying a HN in the process, I wanted to know if anyone had tried the generally published Dahdi modifications for Asterisk on PM 3.3? This appears to have been a standard thing with PM 1.x in the past, but a lot has changed and I don't want to waste a lot of time on this if this isn't going to work.

Specifically according to what I've researched, it requires the following to be done at the HN:

Code:
Installed proxmox ve 2.2 
ssh to proxmox ve 
apt-get -y update 
apt-get -y makedev 
apt-get -y install build-essential make pve-headers-`uname -r` 
cd /usr/src/
wget [URL="http://downloads.digium.com/pub/telephony/dahdi-linux-complete/dahdi-linux-complete-current.tar.gz"]http://downloads.digium.com/pub/tele...current.tar.gz[/URL]
tar zxfv dahdi-linux-complete-current.tar.gz
cd dahdi-linux-complete-*
make all
make install
make config
mkdir /etc/asterisk
service dahdi start 
dahdi_genconf
vi /etc/dahdi/modules # All plus the # sign Comment 
sed -i 's|ipt_REJECT ipt_tos ipt_limit ipt_multiport iptable_filter iptable_mangle ipt_TCPMSS ipt_tcpmss ipt_ttl ipt_length|ipt_REJECT ipt_tos ipt_TOS ipt_LOG ip_conntrack ipt_limit ipt_multiport iptable_filter iptable_mangle ipt_TCPMSS ipt_tcpmss ipt_ttl ipt_length ipt_state iptable_nat ip_nat_ftp|' /etc/vz/vz.conf 
/etc/init.d/vz restart
// Disable ipv6 
/boot/grub/grub.cfg 
linux /vmlinuz-2.6.32-16-pve root=/dev/mapper/pve-root ro quiet 
linux /vmlinuz-2.6.32-16-pve root=/dev/mapper/pve-root ro ipv6.disable=1 quiet

I dug these instructions up from past posts, etc. but the latest PM I'm seeing referenced is 2.2 for this. I would like to do this with 3.1 ideally (since I have a cluster), or 3.3.

Has anyone tried this and can report the results?

Thanks
Myles

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!