Please allow downloading multiple templates at once, and not make the user wait until each is finished before continuing

shodan

Sep 1, 2022
Hello,

Found this sharp edge in the interface

You have to select one template at a time, click download.

After that there is another download dialog

If you click on X on that second dialog, it will actually interrupt the download, instead of finishing in the background. As a bonus, you now have a broken incomplete file in your templates, which the interface will not tell you about.

I suggest to allow the user to download multiple templates at once, and to allow the user to background the task and not make the user wait until every download is finished before they can proceed

Attachments

• 1697262495592.png
    1697262495592.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 2
A bit annoying, but no big deal, just open another browser tab

Yes, just pointing it out, seems like an easy UI fix and could make it a more pleasant experience for new users.

@LnxBil
The user interface already has a command queueing system
Just add the download to the queue
There is no synchronicity issue, none of the downloads depend on other downloads.
And they could even all happen at the same time.

The user interface already has a command queueing system
Just add the download to the queue
There is no synchronicity issue, none of the downloads depend on other downloads.
And they could even all happen at the same time.
You're right. Actually, this is what happens if you just close the window after starting the download. Everything will be downloaded in a queue and works like you want. I tried to get screenshots, but the download speed is so fast, I could not take a screenshot before everything was already downloaded. I had multiple entries with the rotating gear and every download was done in parallel.

I can't retry now because they are all downloaded.

But when I tried and dismissed the window too early, it trunkated the file unfortunately.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!