Personal Blacklist doesn't works?

jimmyone

Jul 14, 2008
Hi,

A User called me that he won't become Messages from a special User or Mailadress. I won't block this Mailadress in global blacklist, so i have configured the Users Personal Blacklist under Administration -> Quarantine -> Blacklist -> Mail Adress of our user -> Fill in the blocked Mailadress in List.

But the list doesn't works. Our user becomes still the messages from the blocked Sender...

What can i do, that the list works?

Greetings
Seb

Hi,

A User called me that he won't become Messages from a special User or Mailadress. I won't block this Mailadress in global blacklist, so i have configured the Users Personal Blacklist under Administration -> Quarantine -> Blacklist -> Mail Adress of our user -> Fill in the blocked Mailadress in List.

But the list doesn't works. Our user becomes still the messages from the blocked Sender...

What can i do, that the list works?

Greetings
Seb

please send the full header of this email which you want to block (you can send it directly to support@proxmox.com if you cannot post it here).

and also, what you entered in the personal black list.

Hi,

I have tested this with an GMX Account for my Mail Adress...
It's the same Problem... The Messages were delivered.

I have entered the complete Mailadress for example: Firstname.Lastname@gmx.com

I will send you the header.

Hi all...

The Problem is done.

The Failure was the spelling. If I choose between upper and lower case differs like F.Lastname@ the List doesn't works. But if i changed the spelling to lowercase only, the lists works...

Many Greetings
Sebi

I just received an email from a blocked address, I verified the spelling, it's all lower case, but somehow it got through. The logs for the proxmox server just show that the message was greylisted first, then it was delivered. Do we need to define a rule that deletes/blocks messages from personal black lists?

Hi,

which Adress is written in lowercase? The blocked oder the Recipient?
You must write Recipients Mailadress in lowercase and then definde the personals blacklist.

Greetings

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!