Pcie usb cards

NEohioROIP

Mar 21, 2024
I have installed 4 pcie cards in my Dell r720 but they are not showing up in proxmox. Do I need to install drivers ect? Sorry I'm new to servers...

So doing further testing I found out that the 4 port low profile card works but the 7 port regular profile card does not. The 7 port card came with a power cable but it has the standard flat 5 prong desktop power connector and there are none of those inside my server

So doing further testing I found out that the 4 port low profile card works but the 7 port regular profile card does not. The 7 port card came with a power cable but it has the standard flat 5 prong desktop power connector and there are none of those inside my server
Do you mean SATA power connector? Splitters and converters to that type of connector are on the market.
Not providing additional power to a PCIe add-in card can indeed cause them to not work, if they are designed that way.

Do you mean SATA power connector? Splitters and converters to that type of connector are on the market.
Not providing additional power to a PCIe add-in card can indeed cause them to not work, if they are designed that way.
Correct, I've seen some cables but none that look like they have the connection that I need from this to sata...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240322_132922_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240322_132922_Google.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 2
Correct, I've seen some cables but none that look like they have the connection that I need from this to sata...
That one probably only provides 12V while SATA power has 12V, 5V and 3.3V but most converters (from old-style 4-pin molex) use 12V and 5V. USB typically provides 5V, unfortunately.
I guess it can all be solved with a multi-meter, a soldering iron and splicing some wires (if the PSU provides enough 5V)...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!