PBS Fingerprint

Oasisnet77

Dec 30, 2021
Hi all,
i have an Instance of PBS running backups for differents PVE
now I am attempting to test a disaster recovery creating a new PBS configured with same datastores of the old one and would like to use the same Fingerprint (and then the ip) so not to modify anything in PVE.
I found the Fingerprint of the old one but I can't find where to paste it in the new one
anybody knows where I can find the Fingerprint file?

thanks a lot :)
Emanuele

To have same fingerprint on a new PBS server you need:
  • copy proxy.pem and proxy.key files to your new PBS
  • set permissions for this files
  • restart proxy service

Execute following commands on your new PBS shell. oldpbs is IP-Address or name of your old PBS node.
Code:
scp oldpbs:/etc/proxmox-backup/proxy.pem /etc/proxmox-backup/proxy.pem
scp oldpbs:/etc/proxmox-backup/proxy.key /etc/proxmox-backup/proxy.key
chown root:backup /etc/proxmox-backup/proxy.pem /etc/proxmox-backup/proxy.key
chmod 640 /etc/proxmox-backup/proxy.pem /etc/proxmox-backup/proxy.key
systemctl reload proxmox-backup-proxy

Reactions: datschlatscher
great it works !! :)
thx a lot!

have a nice evening
bye
Hi all,
i have an Instance of PBS running backups for differents PVE
now I am attempting to test a disaster recovery creating a new PBS configured with same datastores of the old one and would like to use the same Fingerprint (and then the ip) so not to modify anything in PVE.
I found the Fingerprint of the old one but I can't find where to paste it in the new one
anybody knows where I can find the Fingerprint file?

thanks a lot :)
Emanuele
Just to check do you basically restore the the whole PBS with copying config files, if so, what folders and files do you backup? Im currently looking into the same

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!