Paravirtualized Network Drivers for Windows don't work on Windows 2003r2

Deni74

Apr 29, 2013
Paravirtualized Network Drivers for Windows don't work on Windows 2003r2 64
After installation have this problem. ("Can't load driver for this device" in properties). Driver from XP/amd64 folder of Virtio-win-0.1-49 and Virtio-win-0.1-74 iso - anyway same result.

scr.png

yes, newer version does not work. either go for an older version, or just keep IDE, working without any further drivers and also not slow.

never heard of IDE network drivers... :-D

I use intel 1000 (from intel, not included in windows) for w2003...

Marco

ups. of course, intel e1000 for net (and IDE in case of block devices)

I use virtio 0.1-49 on 7 W2K3 64-bit machines and they have excellent performance.. ( any version higher causes BSOD )

1-2 or 3 reboting system. Locate driver from folder with errors. I don't undersrand - now working with 1-74.. brr.. Thanks all... but anyway very interesting.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!