OpnSense on proxmox

dexznrl

Apr 23, 2024
Hello there everybody,

I'm running a dedicated server at Hetzner.
On the server I'm running proxmox.
On proxmox I'm running Opnsense as a firewall and behind that firewall I have a couple of virtual servers running.

A bit messy ofcourse :p.

Opnsense already has a WAN address but I need a couple more so I ordered them from Hetzner and got them.

Now Hetzner demands that every IP address has a specified mac address and for me that means I can't just take one of the extra IP-addresses I got from Hetzner and put it as a virtual IP on Opnsense because I can't assign the specified mac address to that interface.

So what I would like to do is create a new interface in Proxmox that is somehow bound to the NIC and then add that inteface to Opnsense and give it my secondary IP with the specified mac address I got from Hetzner.

How can I do this?
Or is there any other solution that would work for this?

I'm no proxmox guru so if you have the time I would appreciate it.

If I try to add a second Linux bridge to the same interface I only get:
Parameter verification failed. (400)

bridge_ports: enp98s0f0 is already used on interface 'vmbr0'

So that doesn't work :(.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!