OpenVZ Bug 2206 - Resolved

letic

Jan 22, 2009
Hey guys,

We were migrating our old Promox 1.9 2.6.24 hosts to brand new server with Proxmox 1.9 2.6.32 (before migrating to 2.0) and are encoutering this bug : http://bugzilla.openvz.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2206

Did anybody got the same issue ? Maybe a working workaround ?

We are trying to test a downgrade to 2.6.24 on these new servers but we don't know if the hardware will be supported by it.

I am going to post on the openVZ ticket as well to try to get some news.

Thanks in advance for any help.
LeTic

Last edited:
Re: OpenVZ Bug 2206

Ok as I had no answers from the openVZ dev I tried to debug the issue myself (see here for the long story) and found the following :

The issue is apparently affecting only :
- hosts with several cores/CPUs running any version of the 2.6.32-openvz kernel (tested with debian squeeze, proxmox 1.9, proxmox 2.0 and vanilla patched kernel).
- (debian) guests with only one CPU

But I did found two solutions/workarounds :
- Affect more than 1 CPU to the guest
- Give CPU affinity (--cpumask) to the guest

This was quite tricky to debug so I hope this might help other people stuck with the same problem. Unfortunately once you know what the solution is you always find people who found the same In any case it cannot hurt to have more documentation about this :eek:)

LeTic

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!