OpenRGB Container

mikeyo

Oct 24, 2022
Hello

New to Proxmox so please forigve if question has been answered before... I have come from using UNRAID and the OpenRGB docker container to control my Corsair RAM RGB. What's the best way to deploy OpenRGB in Proxmox so can do the same? Figured that VM is out of the question since I cannot passthu the RGB RAM to the VM.
So, that leaves LXC. Can i use OpenRGB inside an LXC and control the RGB RAM?

I figured it out. I compiled OpenRGB on the proxmox host, ran it using ./openrgb --server
Opened openrgb on a Windows VM, connected to the proxmox host and viola, all RGB devices appeared. Awesome.

Same issue/question here. Could you detail how to compile OpenRGB on Proxmox and how you are able to control the lights of the RAM kits for a Windows VM? Thank you

I figured it out. I compiled OpenRGB on the proxmox host, ran it using ./openrgb --server
Opened openrgb on a Windows VM, connected to the proxmox host and viola, all RGB devices appeared. Awesome.
Can you elaborate? How did you connect the windows vm? Did you need to install openrgb on the windows VM and open openrgb as a client somehow? How did you achieve this?

Hopefully this helps someone
Code:
apt install git qt5-qmake qtbase5-dev qttools5-dev-tools  libusb-1.0-0-dev libhidapi-dev pkgconf libmbedtls-dev libhidapi-dev
git clone https://github.com/CalcProgrammer1/OpenRGB.git
cd OpenRGB/
qmake OpenRGB.pro
make -j8
./openrgb --server --noautoconnect

Hopefully this helps someone
Code:
apt install git qt5-qmake qtbase5-dev qttools5-dev-tools  libusb-1.0-0-dev libhidapi-dev pkgconf libmbedtls-dev libhidapi-dev
git clone https://github.com/CalcProgrammer1/OpenRGB.git
cd OpenRGB/
qmake OpenRGB.pro
make -j8
./openrgb --server --noautoconnect
Thanks for this rtgy.
If others following this get a G++ compiler error, then you may need to also install "build-essential". e.g. 'apt install build-essential'

Reactions: ericellb
Can anyone explain how to connect the Windows vm to the proxmox host? I got everything installed but it doesn't connect

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!