[SOLVED] Odd RBD Feature

adamb

Famous Member
Mar 1, 2012
We have a ceph cluster with roughly 600 RBD's. 2 of the 600 randomly have a new feature which is breaking our backup's.

root@cephmon:~# rbd info Cloud-Ceph1/vm-134-disk-0
rbd image 'vm-134-disk-0':
size 1000 GiB in 256000 objects
order 22 (4 MiB objects)
snapshot_count: 11
id: 7c326b8b4567
block_name_prefix: rbd_data.7c326b8b4567
format: 2
features: layering, exclusive-lock, object-map, fast-diff, deep-flatten, operations
op_features: snap-trash
flags:
create_timestamp: Fri Aug 14 07:11:44 2020
access_timestamp: Thu Jun 8 06:31:06 2023
modify_timestamp: Thu Jun 8 06:31:11 2023

Anyone have any idea what "operations" is? Or snap-trash? These images were created over 3 years ago, so its very odd. Can't seem to find much about "operations" or if its safe to simple use feature disable.

Operations

Description
Used to restrict older clients from performing certain maintenance operations against an image (e.g. clone, snap create).

Internal value

Added in
v13.0.2 (Mimic)

KRBD support
since v4.16

from the description: if all your nodes are up-to-date, you can securely remove it.

Last edited:
Operations

Description
Used to restrict older clients from performing certain maintenance operations against an image (e.g. clone, snap create).

Internal value

Added in
v13.0.2 (Mimic)

KRBD support
since v4.16

from the description: if all your nodes are up-to-date, you can securely remove it.

All of my cluster is on the following.

root@cephmon:~# ceph -v
ceph version 16.2.9 (a569859f5e07da0c4c39da81d5fb5675cd95da49) pacific (stable)

This entire cluster started on Nautilus so I would think I should be aok.

What are you using for backup? are there any errors in the logs?

I am using a project called Benji.

Benji doesn't like the operations feature.

To work around this I used the proxmox disk move feature to move the 2 disks to other storage, then back to Ceph. Operations feature was gone after that and all has been solid. No idea how 2 of 600 RBD's had that feature enabled.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!