Odd issue with proxmox zfs drive

relindwto6

Aug 7, 2020
hello everyone, I have a strange issue that doesnt make any sense.
I have local, local-lvm, backup drive and a zfs share created by proxmox and mounted as /Primary
about once in 3 restarts /Primary will show as empty, but its actually the local (pve). I know this because the free space is exactly the same (195gb), but then I restart it properly shows my zfs contents in the Primary folder (10tb). why would it ramdonly choose a different mount?
if I restart it right now its a guess at which one will be mounted in the /Primary folder.
I do have CT's that mount the /Primary zfs, is it possible that they ask for the mount before proxmox has mounted it?

thanks again everyone
192.168.0.1 routerlogin 192.168.l.l

Last edited:
Hi,
sounds like the that ZFS file system does not get mounted at all sometimes. When nothing is mounted below /Primary, it will just be a normal empty directory on the local storage. The next time it happens, what is the output of systemctl status zfs-mount.service and what happens if you run zfs mount -a?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!