nvidia passthrough: Add Hardware > PCI Device only sets "0000:26:00"

p3ter_b

Mar 20, 2024
When adding my GPU as Hardware > PCI Device to a VM, I see the iommu groups/device list under "Raw Device".
For my nvidida card, there are 2 IDs:

Code:
0000:26:00.0 [GeForce RTX 3060]
0000:26:00.1 GA104 High Definition Audio Controller

When I add both (one video- one audio-device), proxmox UI lists 2 entries (correct), but both IDs show only as "0000:26:00" (not 0000:26:00.0 (video) and 0000:26:00.1 (audio)).

Is that supposed to be so?
I've now removed one PCI Device entry (since they seemed identical), and it seems okay?

On the VM (all iommu grub flags enabled, but *no* vfio config touched/added), I can see it as nvidia card:

Code:
$ lspci -v | grep -i nvidia
Code:
00:10.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GA104 [GeForce RTX 3060] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
    Kernel modules: nvidiafb, nouveau
00:10.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GA104 High Definition Audio Controller (rev a1)

Thanks for any input! :)
(and maybe a pointer to quick-n-dirty benchmarking if the passthrough is working?)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!