NoVNC french layout problem

willy1009

Jul 26, 2010
Hi,

I'm using Proxmox since few years.

With the last upgrade to proxmox 5 i have problems with NoVNC console. My password contain "@" or "#" character and with french layout "azerty" i must press "Alt GR" + "0" for "@" and "Alt GR" + "3" for "#".

In KMV console pressing "Alt GR" key change everything with keyboard layout (weird character) and i must reload NoVNC console to resolve the problem.

This happen with KVM but with shell and CT console no problem.

Edit : Keyboard layout datacenter option is correctly set on "French (fr)"

There is a screenshot of the probleme, word "TEST" have been typed but after "@" that becom symbol.

Attachments

• proxmox.PNG
    proxmox.PNG
    34.6 KB · Views: 27
what is the locale/keyboard layout inside of the vm ?

Inside the vm -> fr_FR.UTF-8

In vm option -> French(fr)

Tested with Windows or Debian KVM

On Windows it's a little different it seems when "ALT GR" key is pressed she is not released

ok, i just test on Windows with virtual keyboard and when ALT GR is pressed she's not released

But if i change focus on another windows et back to KVM console "ALT GR" key is released

Here is an animated screen

Attachments

• proxmox key.gif
    proxmox key.gif
    763.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
same problem here with german layout.
would be nice if problem will be fixed

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!