Not possible to clone vm anymore but migrate works

Moz

Dec 15, 2022
Hello :)

This morning i did an upgrade to 7.14 => 8.

The main goal was to try to fix something wich wasn't related to this in fact. But now the problem is global.

I have 8 nodes, and before the upgrade some was able to clone to other but not all. Now I cannot clone anymore from any nodes to any other nodes, and I'm not finding anything about it.
The only error wich I have is this

1695200212945.png

From cli side

Code:
root@mox09:~# qm clone 111 116 --target mox01
can't clone VM to node 'mox01' (VM uses local storage)

does it mean if the vm disk is on the same than os you cannot clone it somewhere else ?

If anyone has an idea.

Cheers

Last edited:
If a VM uses local storage you can only clone it on the host which has access to that storage. And this is the host where the source-VM is and the the target-VM has to be.

After the cloning task is finished you will be able to migrate the cloned VM to another host.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!