no such logical volume pve/data (500)

mishanw

Feb 2, 2024
Hi Everyone, I have a proxmox cluster and today I added a new node to it. However once it was added I'm now getting an error on the new node: no such logical volume pre/data (500). Not sure what I can do to fix it? Is there an easy way to remove the node and re-add it?
1712721868560.png

Do you have information on what we can do to get HA when having nodes that have both zfs and xfs? is there a way to create a separate local-vlm so that if the other nodes go down, the VM's can migrate over and function? On mine, when one of the modes went offline, one of the VMs partially moved, and ran into issues and I was not able to move it back to the original node, I had to basically restore from a backup.

Do you have information on what we can do to get HA when having nodes that have both zfs and xfs? is there a way to create a separate local-vlm so that if the other nodes go down, the VM's can migrate over and function? On mine, when one of the modes went offline, one of the VMs partially moved, and ran into issues and I was not able to move it back to the original node, I had to basically restore from a backup.
Unfortunately, there is no way. When a node is down, you can't access its storage of course, so you need that the guests volumes are either on a shared storage or replicated ZFS (with a short replication interval since data since the last replication will be lost upon recovery). See also: https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-ha-manager.html#_requirements

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!