[SOLVED] No QEMU guest agent configured - Error Even after the agent is installed in the windows

Sahil

Jun 14, 2022
Hi Team,

I have installed the qm guest agent in windows 2019 by following the below link
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Qemu-guest-agent#Windows

and hopefully, it worked fine without any issue, but the iso of (virtio-*.iso) did not work anyhow, the guest is installed and I could ping that from the main host it did not throw any error

And I tried changing the password as well from the main proxmox node it also worked,

But now again I am trying do the same for the other VM for the same Windows 2019 and windows 2016 and everything worked properly, but still, it is showing that the No QEMU guest agent is configured,

Below is the screenshot for the reference
1659603010063.png
1659603022341.png
1659603040366.png
1659603054396.png

Hope everything is fine,

I request you to please help me with this issue, why this is not hapenning for the other VMs

Thanks & Regards
Sahil Ahmed F

Hi Team,

Sorry for this thread, I cloud see that there is my mistake in this that I have not enabled the QEMU guest agent in the options,

After it is enabled it is working fine,

Reactions: layer8prob
Great! Please mark the thread as solved (edit it, there's a dropdown near the title) in case others have the same problem

Sorry for this thread, I cloud see that there is my mistake in this that I have not enabled the QEMU guest agent in the options,
No need to be sorry! My ignorant self didn't know that was a setting in the options, and a quick search led me here and to the solution. Thank you!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!