no keyboard/mouse when booting win7 of vm

zarzar

Apr 15, 2012
Hi,
I have a proxmox VE version 1.6 running a win7 vm. something went wrong with windows so i had to reboot the vm.
in the VNC console i see that the vm boots to Windows Error Recovery. there i want to select the option of Start Windows Normally (which is not the default option).
However, both keyboard and mouse are unresponsive. so i'm constantly stuck with the default option that doesn't load up my windows.

is there an external way to enable keyboard/mouse for that point?
i noticed there is an external Ctrl+Alt+Del button. An on-screen keyboard external button may be helpful too...

I do not see this behavior but as you are using 1.6 I highly recommend to update to the current version.

in your case, you should update to 1.9 first and then move to 2.0.

2.0 is the latest and greatest, working great with win7.

I do not see this behavior but as you are using 1.6 I highly recommend to update to the current version.

in your case, you should update to 1.9 first and then move to 2.0.

2.0 is the latest and greatest, working great with win7.

Thank you for the prompt answer,
do u suppose with versions 1.9/2.0 it will be possible to use the keyboard in the startup stage? (just before Win loads)

as I wrote, I had never such issues and yes, keyboard works immediately.

when i upgrade to 1.9, would it be possible to access my current raw file if i place it within the 1.9 installation?
it's just that i have important stuff there that i have no access to at the moment.

I think I do not understand your question. but the idea of newer version is that it fixes problems and not preventing users from access to their data.

sorry for that, i will rephrase,
what i would like to know is whether after the upgrade i will still have access to my current data, i.e. it won't be lost in the process

yes, the upgrade should not brake your system.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!