[SOLVED] No Internet on addition VM's

CoMmAnDrX

Jan 28, 2023
As the title says I'm having issues with having internet on multiple VM's. Only the first booted VM gets net and local lan access. Any VM booted afterwards cannot connect to the internet or is seen on the network. It seems like it not being passed thru after the first VM. I'm new to Proxmox and a novice when it comes to Linux. I've been running VM's via VMWare for over 10 years

VM's: Windows 7 - Windows 10 - Windows 11 - Linux Mint 21.1 - TrueNAS (static IP)

Hardware: Dell PowerEdge T610
All VM's connect to bridge vmbr1 which uses eno2 Ethernet.

Can't show my net config as cat /ect/network/interfaces gives me this error
/ect/network/interfaces: No such file or directory

0U4MtVuMRJ6K_1XzjmDiAw.png

IP ADDR
dHxlPdENRc29oty-gRnwUg.png

Do not put two independent bridges/NICs into the same network! This will not work reliable! So if 192.168.1.69 is your main IP of the PVE Node remove .70 from vmbr1.

Do not put two independent bridges/NICs into the same network! This will not work reliable! So if 192.168.1.69 is your main IP of the PVE Node remove .70 from vmbr1.
Actually I set that based on a tutorial I followed, and I had already removed that IP and still no change. I even tried just pointing my VM's to vmbr0 and none of the VM's get an IP/Internet/Net access. Seems like the VM's network aren't being passed thru.

Try

Probably you noticed meanwhile...: Use "etc" instead of "ect" ;-)

Opps LOL, see told you I was a Linux novice.
root@pve:~# cat /etc/network/interfaces
# network interface settings; autogenerated
# Please do NOT modify this file directly, unless you know what
# you're doing.
#
# If you want to manage parts of the network configuration manually,
# please utilize the 'source' or 'source-directory' directives to do
# so.
# PVE will preserve these directives, but will NOT read its network
# configuration from sourced files, so do not attempt to move any of
# the PVE managed interfaces into external files!

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eno1 inet manual

iface eno2 inet manual

iface enp5s0f0 inet manual

iface enp5s0f1 inet manual

iface enp6s0f0 inet manual

iface enp6s0f1 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address 192.168.1.69/24
gateway 192.168.1.1
bridge-ports eno1
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0

auto vmbr1
iface vmbr1 inet manual
bridge-ports eno2
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0
bridge-vlan-aware yes
bridge-vids 2-4094
#VMNET

Figured out my issue, it was my Cisco Switch not allowing more than one system to access a port. I plugged directly into my Router and all my VMs had local net and internet access. I then set port 6 on my Switch from Desktop to None and replugged in my Proxmox to that port and all VMs still have internet and local LAN access.

Switch - Cisco Catalyst 2960-S

Attachments

• HLmG_3hjSFyJgw9CingBjA[1].png
    HLmG_3hjSFyJgw9CingBjA[1].png
    24.6 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: rhl2401

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!