No Connection

why do you give me a practical solution ?? ;)
b.t.w. my nic's are very old.
do proxmox-vm's run in 32 oder in 64 bit ?
my nic's do not support 64 bit. the nic's onboard do this!
Hi,
what kind of nics don't support 64bit??? Perhaps with windows - but with linux normaly the hardware run with 32bit or 64bit without trouble. I have in a test-system at home a cheap NIC (i think realtek) and this one work out of the box.

Proxmox-VMs can run in 32bit or 64bit. You can choose (thr most openvz-templates are 32bit, but you can also download 64bit-templates).

Udo

Folks, i did it.
I have loaded down the amd64 (5.06) dist from debian - about 22 GB. During installation the system told me something about my nics.
eth0: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8055 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
eht1: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8001 Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Installation: NO problem

uname -a: Linux debian 2.6.26-2-amd64 #1 SMP Tue Aug 31 09:11:22 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Connection is over eth1 !

----

Then i went to
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_Lenny

I came until to
aptitude install pve-kernel-2.6.32-4-pve

After rebooting the machine and chosen proxmox the machine stopped.

It works !

First i used the other hd and used xp. The connection was over "eth1". So i deactivated it and activated "eth0" an changed the cable to it.
After that i changed the hd and made a new installation with proxmox 1.6.5261-4
My dhcp-router gives ip from 201 to 240.
This time during installation the ip in the fields was automatically set to 192.168.2.210.
I changed it to 192.168.2.101 because my servers shall have ip with "100".
The installation ended normally and now it works.

My conclusion is:
If you have more than one nic and use not eth0, proxmox-installation will not recognize the connection on eth1, so the installation fails in the area network.

Thanks to all, who had patience with me an did help !!!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!