[SOLVED] NFS Hangs on Access or New

Stacker

May 6, 2020
I had a NFS share for probably half a year working just great. Then one day I can no longer access it or see it. I know its there as I can connect to it by other means.

Situation:
1) In the GUI it would hang when trying to go to it.
2) In SSH my session would just Hang trying to visit /mnt/pve/share-name

What I have done
1) Remove the share from the GUI
2) Did a unmount -lf /mnt/pve/share-name
3) Did a removal of the directories under /mnt/pve/share-name

Results:
I can not re-add the share back in. I fill out the connection info. it even finds the mount point path on remote server (screenshot) click add and it spins... I will note that is does make the folder in /mnt/pve/*** but nothing ever is available.

I end up with ----- > "Connection error 596: Connection timed out" ... Yet this share can be pinged and as mentioned before it finds the path.

nfs-1.PNG

Other notes:
It would appear that something lingers. Even with 0 entries in /proc/mounts or /mnt/pve/** or /etc/fstab I still get this in the syslog constantly every 15-30 seconds:

Code:
May 16 19:04:00 node01 kernel: nfs: server ftpback-rbx6-651.ovh.net not responding, timed out

My Storage file:

Code:
root@node01:/mnt/pve# cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg
dir: local
        path /var/lib/vz
        content vztmpl,iso,images,snippets,rootdir
        maxfiles 0

lvmthin: node01-thin01
        thinpool data
        vgname pve
        content rootdir,images

Something is hung up somewhere and I have been down threads the best I can here but none seem to be exactly my issue.

Hi,

the problem is you have used unmount with -l flag what will remove reference that is used later.
This means you are probably still connected to this share. To resolve this a reboot is necessary.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!