NFS "File Exists" error

jarcher

Mar 15, 2009
Hi All...

I created an NFS share using Microsoft Storage Server. I had no trouble adding the NFS share to Proxmox 2.2. However, if i try to backup a container, or create a new container, to the share, I get a popup window displaying this error message:

mkdir /mnt/pve/NFS1: File exists at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/NFSPlugin.pm line 139 (500)

I confirmed ont he server that there are no files at all in the share. Also, I did allow root permissions. I am using anonymous authentication.

I had a look at the code in this source file but it didn't make any sense to me.

Suggestions appreciated, thank you.

root@proxmox22:~# pveversion -v
pve-manager: 2.2-32 (pve-manager/2.2/3089a616)
running kernel: 2.6.32-16-pve
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 2.2-83
pve-kernel-2.6.32-16-pve: 2.6.32-82
pve-kernel-2.6.32-17-pve: 2.6.32-83
lvm2: 2.02.95-1pve2
clvm: 2.02.95-1pve2
corosync-pve: 1.4.4-1
openais-pve: 1.1.4-2
libqb: 0.10.1-2
redhat-cluster-pve: 3.1.93-2
resource-agents-pve: 3.9.2-3
fence-agents-pve: 3.1.9-1
pve-cluster: 1.0-34
qemu-server: 2.0-71
pve-firmware: 1.0-21
libpve-common-perl: 1.0-41
libpve-access-control: 1.0-25
libpve-storage-perl: 2.0-36
vncterm: 1.0-3
vzctl: 4.0-1pve2
vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
vzquota: 3.1-1
pve-qemu-kvm: 1.3-10
ksm-control-daemon: 1.1-1

hello,
I know this is a big post Down Pressure, but as I have encountered the same problems, I tell myself that it could help someone.

When you delete a storage element, its volume may still mounted on /mnt.

If you:
- Delete a storage volume at proxmox web GUI
- Recreate it with the same name at proxmox web GUI
- The error "File exists at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/NFSPlugin.pm line 139 (500)" appears

do a:
find /mnt -name <name of volume storage>

You must have a result: /mnt/<name of volume storage>

do a umount /mnt/<name of volume storage> on each node accessing this volume.
Repeat the command to ensure that the operation was successful ("umount: /mnt/<name of storage volume> is not mounted)

From there, you can do your storage volume again.

Last edited:
Hi All...

I created an NFS share using Microsoft Storage Server. I had no trouble adding the NFS share to Proxmox 2.2. However, if i try to backup a container, or create a new container, to the share, I get a popup window displaying this error message:

mkdir /mnt/pve/NFS1: File exists at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/NFSPlugin.pm line 139 (500)

I confirmed ont he server that there are no files at all in the share. Also, I did allow root permissions. I am using anonymous authentication.

I had a look at the code in this source file but it didn't make any sense to me.

Suggestions appreciated, thank you.

Hello.
I had the same problem, so the process I performed was:
ls /mnt/pve
root@SPESRVDEBF001:~# ls /mnt/pve Backup Backups GPD Imagens ProxmoxGPD Teste BACKUP gpd gpd2 ISO SPE-SRV-BKP

I checked the drives I had deleted through the GUI(WEB).
Then I ran the following command:
umount gpd2/ BACKUP/ Backup/ GPD/ ProxmoxCluster/ ProxmoxGPD/ Teste/
root@SPESRVDEBF002:~# umount gpd2/ BACKUP/ Backup/ GPD/ ProxmoxCluster/ ProxmoxGPD/ Teste/

Then I gave the command:
rm -rf gpd/ gpd2/ BACKUP/ Backup/ GPD/ ProxmoxCluster/ ProxmoxGPD/ Teste/

Reactions: Mandelbrot
What is the output of

# pveversion -v

Just encountered a similar issue on PVE 7.4-3 using SMB (not NFS), solved with what others suggested above.
I got a `File Exists` error on `/usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/CIFSPlugin.pm line 231` while I was trying to create a SMB storage under `Datacenter -> Storage`.

This seems to be a bug.
@dietmar Are you able to add this to Bugzilla? I'm not able to since I don't know what this is related to. Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!