[SOLVED] Newbie question about storage & resource pool

rleg

Mar 24, 2024
Hello all,
A very simple question for you I'm sure but I just don't understand what I have to do to fix my issue.
I just created an LVS thinpool in order to use it for my VMs.
However I just don't understand why I can't select this pool during the VM creation.
The following images should show full details ...

Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 17.48.37.png

And in the OS tab ... :

Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 17.50.42.png

Thanks for helping :)

Resource pool is something completely different from storage pool. You don't need resource pool at this stage.
As for selection, you are at ISO wizard stage, where you can pick an ISO from FILE storage, if you want.
The disk placement happens later in wizard.
LV thin is BLOCK based.

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

Resource Pool is on Path: Datacenter/Permissions/Pools it is group of resources for set permissions.
You global_thinpool is a storage. You use them when you configure disk on "Disks" tab.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!