New Proxmox VE Kernels 2.6.24 and 2.6.32, including KVM 0.12.3 and gPXE [UPDATE]

Re: New Proxmox VE Kernels 2.6.24 and 2.6.32, including KVM 0.12.3 and gPXE network b

Looks, that the network makes no trouble. I can ping the Network USB Hub without any paket lost. VNC works great on the machine and the application transfer many data to the network without any read/write error. I have tried the kernel: 2.6.24-10-pve with the new tools, but didn´t work. Only after downgrade the tools and use kernel: 2.6.24-10-pve it works again.

Re: New Proxmox VE Kernels 2.6.24 and 2.6.32, including KVM 0.12.3 and gPXE network b

Looks, that the network makes no trouble. I can ping the Network USB Hub without any paket lost. VNC works great on the machine and the application transfer many data to the network without any read/write error. I have tried the kernel: 2.6.24-10-pve with the new tools, but didn´t work. Only after downgrade the tools and use kernel: 2.6.24-10-pve it works again.
Hi,
Dietmar means the nic-emulation of the VM, not the real nic. Perhaps you can try there a different (virtio, e1000...).

Udo

Hi Udo,

thanx for the reply. Changed the virtual nic from virtio to e1000 but didn´t help..... Looks that something is wrong with the usb connection.

Last edited:

Hi all,

problem still exist with the latest Kernel 2.6.32 and 2.6.35. With latest 2.6.18-6 all works fine.

Any hints?

Regards, Valle

Hi all,

problem still exist with the latest Kernel 2.6.32 and 2.6.35. With latest 2.6.18-6 all works fine.

Any hints?

Regards, Valle
Hi,
usbanywhere work for me whitout trouble. First on win32bit pve1.9 (with different 2.6.35 and now 2.6.32-er kernels) and now on win64bit on pve2.0 (different hosts).
usbanywhere.jpg

Udo

Hi udo,

thanx for answer. I use the usbanywhere under windows xp .. I use a special software that needs a dongle. Do you use any special drivers for the usbanywhere?

Hi udo,

thanx for answer. I use the usbanywhere under windows xp .. I use a special software that needs a dongle. Do you use any special drivers for the usbanywhere?
Hi,
i think not. The VM was updated - so i can't easily switch on the old (xp) version. But the new one run with the "normal" driver 3.10.30.0 from 13.8.2010.

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!