New Proxmox VE Kernel (2.6.24-9)

i no receive any cooperation, i downgrade the Kernel now all is back online.

i hope you can get customer for single ticket for 200 euros.

now is time to move.

Support is all in this bussiness.

Again, I will not login to your server - I will only do that if you have a valid support ticket.

If you want free support, provide all relevant info using this forum. For example, post a screenshot of the boot screen showing the error message.

this is a test server for help and test upgrades, one more time we no use proxmox for productions off vps, we use for test thinking in the future use.

but whit this support we go to stop this test and continue testing SolusVM and selling VPS whit Virtuozzo.

Thanks you are doing a great job, but for us at this moment we need some more old system, Proxmox is too young and this time.

5 email ?

you post 5 times whit any help - and this is a test server imagine a live server whit customer down :)

good luck to the people upgrade and the server stay down.

if you need find solution for this issue in your upgrade you need help, and i provide access to one server for free for you check your issue :)
and you want charge 200 euro.

thanks in all way proxmox is good.

thanks

5 email ?

you post 5 times whit any help - and this is a test server imagine a live server whit customer down :)

good luck to the people upgrade and the server stay down.

if you need find solution for this issue in your upgrade you need help, and i provide access to one server for free for you check your issue :)
and you want charge 200 euro.

thanks in all way proxmox is good.

thanks

looks like you do not understand the way of business. community support forum is for free for all who respect the rules.

if you want direct support, remote login and custom help you need to go for the commercial support offerings. we can do this also 24/7.

your idea: our team works for free just for you and you make the money selling servers to your customers (but you are still unsatisfied with the response time of a few minutes)

cool business model for you (invest nothing, get all out) ...

Maybe you not read my responses,

this is a test server like i specify 3 times up.

how you make money in a test machine ?

let me know so we can make money easy :)

and like i say up too, you want i post the root here in the forum, in a live machine you think i go to ask this ?

ooh men please read before answer.

Any one can make money in TEST server.

Excuse me to bug you, but could you please come back to topic instead of discussing business models in this thread?

Would it help do disable mdadm at boot to prevent the server not starting next time afer updating the Kernel?

rmoglia; said:
I have a bare metal instalation it´s safe to upgrade?
Im on prod. enviroment.

Thank you!
Matthias

Well, I does not really make sense to discuss at that level.

Simple post the requested info (screenshot) if you want to solve the problem.

Well i can´t be sure if the problem is solved. It seems that i have to wait for the next update to see if disabling mdadm solved the problem.

I just felt that this thread is running out of topic so i quoted the two open
Questions ;)

Thanks so far
Matthias

Im scared todo any upgrade because my machine is remote no local access i can do anyting if machine fails.

Many people reporting problems with new kernel.

Hi people,

zulu:~# uname -a
Linux zulu 2.6.24-9-pve #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Nov 17 09:34:41 CET 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I maked dist-upgrade now all working fine. my instalation is from bare metal iso.

previous version is avaliable on grub menu if anyting is wrong or fail on your machine can be choose another old kernel from grub menu.

New Proxmox VE Kernel 2 6 24 9

Yes, there were a lot of changes between 6.x and 7.x that really require creating a new kernel config file.You can use the old config file as a reference.

I'm using Proxmox PVE in the X-developer mode (IE: GNOME et al installed) and its running BEAUTIFULLY.

I've only got two minor issues,...
1) My wireless internet here in South Africa is from a crowd called iBurst and the devices's driver needs a full kernel source set (not just the headers) for some wierd and wonderful reason.
Is there any chance of a src.deb like what Debian upstream provides?

2) The VNC Java applet doesn't work if you're using Chrome 4+ as you're browser (admittedly probably a Chrome issue but thought I might mention is in case someone has an idea how to fix it.

Other than that I LOVE using Proxmox, thank you sooooo MUCH for making this wonderful system available as an open distro!!!

1) My wireless internet here in South Africa is from a crowd called iBurst and the devices's driver needs a full kernel source set (not just the headers) for some wierd and wonderful reason.
Is there any chance of a src.deb like what Debian upstream provides?

no. But you can download the sources from

ftp://pve.proxmox.com/sources/

and there is also a kernel header package.

i no receive any cooperation, i downgrade the Kernel now all is back online.

i hope you can get customer for single ticket for 200 euros.

now is time to move.

Support is all in this bussiness.

Proxmox Support is top3 best support on the internet. And its free.

I am pretty sure a lot of people would agree with me.

How do you expect to have direct support with remote login without purchasing anything? You has to be out of your mind.

Actually, we maybe should send an email to your company and suggest then to replace you with a guy that can really help the company reduce their costs. Replace Virtuozzo with Proxmox is a peace of cake and the savings are HUGE! In time of crisis, I am pretty sure they will reconsider your position.

Guys, thanks for the new kernel, update was smooth and servers are running perfect!

Regards,
chopeta

Thanks Dietmar,...

Had a look at the sources you posted and created what I think is an equivalent 2.6.32.2-amd64 set of kernel debs.

Seems solid so far.
Will add OpenVZ support to the set sometime, a bit swamped at the moment work wise.

Would you like me to submit them when done?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!