New Proxmox Beginners Guide E-book for Home Lab

bleevht

Jan 6, 2024
www.virtualizationhowto.com

Attachments

• Proxmox Ebook for Home Labs.png
    Proxmox Ebook for Home Labs.png
    204.1 KB · Views: 15
The staff doesn't like to see people using the company name or logo without asking for permission so you better ask them via email if it is ok to use the Proxmox name and logo.
There are also brand guidelines and if I'm not wrong red wasn't a color thats allowed to be used for the logo. Its all well documented in the PDF aaron provided.

Last edited:
Thanks for the effort!

As @Dunuin mentioned (in German), please do follow our brand guidelines in how to use our trademarked logo, names and so on. You can find them on our website: https://www.proxmox.com/en/about/media-kit

In this particular case, the following would apply:
  • Don't alter the logo or incorporate the logo or symbol into your logo.

Reactions: Dunuin
Everyone, I wanted to post a link to a resource I have created, a free e-book for Proxmox home lab users. It is a 300+ page e-book that covers everything from installation, configuration, storage, networking, SDN, and other useful tips. You can download it for free here: https://www.virtualizationhowto.com/2024/03/proxmox-ebook-free-download-for-home-labs/
This is wonderful -- thank you so much!

Is an ePub version also available? This would work much better with my ereader.

Please can i ask, being a long time ESX admin, why are you installing Proxmox on ESX?

If you read the exceedingly helpful guide that this thread is about, Brandon installed it on ESX.
Presumably to allow those who already use ESXi to play around with Proxmox without needing to dedicate hardware to it. This has become more important recently given that many VMware customers are facing crippling price hikes since VMware's acquisition by Broadcom and that Proxmox now supports importing VMs from ESXi.

It also makes capturing screenshots of the installer much easier.

Naturally, 95% of the guide is equally applicable when running Proxmox on bare metal.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!