[SOLVED] New annoying ICODE-tag behavior

Dunuin

Distinguished Member
Jun 30, 2020
Germany
Hi,

For some weeks the behavior of the ICODE-tags in the editor has changed. Previously it was easy to mix normal text and ICODE in a sentence. Now, for me it is not possible to continue writing normal text after formating something with ICODE at the end of an unfinished sentence. Both problematic using Chrome on PC as well as Chrome on Android (and especially there as marking text and expanding the editor menu to be able to hit the ICODE-button is very hard with touchscreen without deselecting the text). Then I have to switch from editor to BBCode mode to write something after the ICODE and switch back to continue my sentence.
Is someone annoyed by that too or am I just too stupid and don't understand how to properly use this forum?

Reactions: jsterr and Neobin
Don't think this belongs in "Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration" although I'm not sure where you could post it!
As you see I just used ICODE, and as far as I always remember, I always have to press the "Inline code" button again when finished.
Maybe you're browser just got updated?

Reactions: Dunuin
Don't think this belongs in "Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration" although I'm not sure where you could post it!
Jep, that was a "pick your poison" decision as nothing would be better fitting.
I know that in last two days I have to hit the ICODE icon in menu again to exit that formatting.
Ok, then I'm too stupid. Will test that. Previously it was working fine without hitting that ICODE button again, as I never did that before.

Ok, then I'm too stupid
Don't belittle yourself! I always learn so much from all your insight.
If you only want to press the ICODE button only once, then first type your text plainly, then select the text you wish to ICODE, and then press the ICODE button. Less pressing - less exercise - your loss!

The new behavior is the correct one for a WYSIWYG editor, I would say; but the need to click/tap a second time on the button now, is somewhat of a step back, even more on mobile where the button is in one of the submenus.
I now write the text first and format it later, as already got mentioned...

Reactions: jsterr

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!