[SOLVED] Network does not come up after boot

f99

Apr 16, 2022
Hi all,

My install went successful-ish (it hung on the reboot and I had to force power cycle it). However, the system has no networking on boot. I checked the systemd networking unit and it shows this error:

1650075691128.png

I'm not sure why this happens. If I run the following command, the networking starts working as expected.

Code:
/usr/share/ifupdown2/sbin/start-networking start

Any ideas on what I should do?

As you can see in the screenshot it is already enabled and the error in the log is from when it attempted to start but could not. Does anyone have any idea what dependency might be failing?

Figured it out, the ifupdown2-pre.service was erroring. I checked what it was supposed to do and it was related to udev sync which seemed safe to disable. I removed this dependency from the `networking.service` unit and now it starts without any issues.

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 08.42.19.png

Reactions: vesalius

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!