network configuration?

Bashar

Jul 9, 2012
Hello,
I'm reading http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Installation and reached the section of virtual bridging and got stuck when they talk about 192. network does this mean i have to replace it with my production IPs?

I have main server IP and 8 additional IPs, I want to create virtual machines and these virtual machines uses these virtual IPs which i already aliased on eth1 as eth1:x and they are all reachable remotely

what i need to update in the below for bridging to work properly? or I'm doing the wrong way?

Thanks in advance.

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address 192.168.1.100
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.1
bridge_ports eth1
bridge_stp off
bridge_fd 0

i know only real and local IPs. If ISP gives some IP to you, you need only to set VMBR0 one of these IP and assign VPS to this VMBR0 and set others IP

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!