Network configuration problem

S

stekkz

So this is my problem:

I did the whole installation and created my first VM.

I access the proxmox webinterface with my main IP. But I have three additional IPs and I'd like to assign one to my first Vm and then create two other Vm's and give those also an IP.

I tried with the bridge etc but somewhere it all got wrong so I reset my whole network interfaces file to the basic of only the main IP.

Can somebody please explain me how give each VM an IP that is on a different subnet than my main IP? (and how to do it of course)

Thanks in advance!

seems getting the network setup with proxmox is everyone's nightmare these days :)

I'm facing same issue and the documentation isn't clear enough

Apparently yeah :p. Yeah i tried several things but I still can't figure it out :/.

how many network cards do you have on the server, and are you trying bridging or NAT'ing ?

I have only one network card and have 3 extra IPs.

I'm trying to bridge so my VMs can use each one of the extra IPs :/

can you show me your bridge configuration ?
cat /etc/network/interfaces

change the real IPs to any dummy IPs like 111.222.xxx.yyy then the real values in xxx.yyy

My internet provider gives IP only by DHCP service. How to manage it? I have done this way:

ISP -> ETH0 (empty ip) -> vmbr1 (main IP (dhcp)) ->>>> others VPS with Real IP (dhcp)

and

vmbr0 (local IP) ->>>>> others VPS with local IP

Internet are sharing by iptables masquerade and vmbr0 got internet through vmbr1

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!