Network Card Driver Support - Acer i7 Aspire 5745G

CliveA

Jul 5, 2010
Installed Proxmox a number of times successfully on various older PC's and servers HPDL series with no problems and it works wonderfully. However just bought a new Acer i7 Laptop and wanted to install for multiple development systems. Found out that the built in network card drivers are not recognised or supported as I cant get the WiFi or the hard wired NIC working - so cant access the internet and therefore product useless with new Laptop. The laptop I am using is an Acer i7 Aspire 5745G. Any help with NICards welcome, as I would really like Proxmox to work on this machine.

Network Card Specs

10/100/1000 Ethernet - unsure as to spec -
Acer InviLink™ Nplify™ 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED

The only flavour of Linux to support the WiFi card is Fedora v13 - at the moment as far as I have discovered out of the can!

find out which driver is used on fedora 13.

As I am not and expert with Linux - I just need help as to how I would check for the active drivers used and then how I would copy and install them from Fedora 13 to Proxmox. Can you supply the correct Linux commands to help me, I am a Linux Newbie - moved over recently from Windows.

Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!