iface eno1 inet manual

iface eno2 inet manual

auto vmbr1
iface vmbr1 inet dhcp
    bridge-ports eno1
    bridge-stp off
    bridge-fd 0
    bridge-pvid 1
#To access port portA on switch (VLAN 100)

auto vmbr2
iface vmbr2 inet manual
    bridge-ports eno2
    bridge-stp off
    bridge-fd 0
    bridge-vlan-aware yes
    bridge-vids 1 100 200 300 400
#To trunk port portB on switch

The proxmox host is accessible (https/ssh) through the IP XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX obtained through vmbr1 configuration, eno1 is connected to a switch's access port (portA) to VLAN 100. As you can see, vmbr2 also provides access to VLAN 100 but through eno2 which is connected to a trunk port of the same switch (portB).

I would like to change the above configuration to free eno2 and obtain the following situation:
  • proxmox host remains accessible through XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (obtained through DHCP) on eno1
  • vmbr2 uses eno1 instead of eno2
  • eno1 is plugged to switch's portB instead of portA
  • eno2 is unused
  • portA on the switch is unused
How should I change the above configuration to achieve this ? I guess that I should do the following, but I don't want to make a mistake as it is a headless machine...
  • on vmbr1 set "bridge-vlan-aware yes"
  • on vmbr1 set "bridge-pvid 1 100"
  • on vmbr2 set "bridge-ports" to eno1
  • save and reboot
Is that correct ? If not what should I do ?

Thanks in advance for your help!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!